BorgWarner EFR 8474 Turbo (12747100019)
EFR8474 represents the state-of-the-art from BorgWarner Turbo Systems in 2019. The next evolution of the #1 most popular EFR turbo, the 8474 is intended for applications which require unmatched response and broad powerband in the 500-800+hp range. Designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 68mm compressor inducer with a low inertia and quick spooling 84mm exducer allows the same footprint to breathe a LOT better up top without compromising down low and midrange. Using the same 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR8374, this turbo flows an impressive 95lbs/min of air at the same 127k RPM maximum shaft speed.
That’s a 22% improvement in flow on the same turbo size! Efficiency plateaus are widened as a result and higher pressure ratios can be better utilized.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 84mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 68mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated compressor recirculation valve
Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
Using Borg Warner’s large inducer “black series” 84mm billet compressor (68mm inducer) the 8474 houses the EFR extended-tip compressor wheel design capable of 95 lb/min airflow rate. We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run this turbo to the limit (125krpm+)
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos